Friday, September 11, 2009

Qingdao

We arrived in Qingdao, China on August 28th after a long flight and then a long layover in Seoul, Korea. We were met by Charles, a graduate student, who has been helpful to China Teachers Program teachers in the past. We were tired, but after a short rest Charles took us to a shop nearby to buy fruit and vegetables and to find a small restaurant.


We were missing 2 bags so our unpacking didn't take too long, although most of the things the previous teachers left had been stored and  needed unpacking. We arrived 2 weeks ago and now can get around fairly well. There are 3,752 buses and 187 routes so it is still confusing. If all else fails we catch a taxi!

I'll try to put a couple of photos, but I'm not sure if I have the ones I want. I'll be adding to this now that we both have internet. i only had ones of the Fushan campus of Ocean University of China (I teach there and we live on Yushan campus - about a 30 minute school bus ride away) and of me teaching the first day of classes.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool to see a picture of you teaching. They all seem to be listening intently. Hope you're not homesick.

    ReplyDelete